Specialist dementia and nursing care
in a luxury setting
Woodview Rise, Blythe Valley Park, Shirley, Solihull, B90 8DQ
Specialist memory care and
award-winning dementia suite
Blythe Rose offers a highly trained and dedicated dementia team that fully understands the specific individual and often complex challenges faced by people living with dementia.
Following the ‘Living in Harmony’ model of care, we offer each resident a ‘home from home’ environment, and importantly, a ‘home for life’. Blythe Rose is equipped to deliver quality care, enriching experiences and stability for anyone requiring nursing or dementia care, from early diagnosis and changing behaviours, to progressive conditions and end of life care.
Catering for different levels of memory impairment and their associated challenges, the home is divided into separate lodges, each home to no more than 15 residents.
Assisted by ‘Homemakers’, your loved one will be encouraged to cook, clean, do everyday household tasks, eat together family-style and enjoy social times safely. With as much or as little participation as they wish, daily life will be going on around them, supported by discussions, reminiscing and a whole host of activities, games and events. Family and friends visiting are encouraged to be ‘part of the family’ and are always welcome join in.
“My husband is positively encouraged to keep connected and engaged with family and friends – I love getting a call from him. And so do all the family.”
Gill L (Wife of MACC Care resident)
“I can’t say enough how happy we are that our mother is in this home. It’s wonderful.””
Joseph M (Son-in-law of MACC Care Resident)
“…the support given to Mum is excellent. She is treated with an understanding of her dignity and needs. She is cared for with patience and gentleness.”
Lesley S (Daughter of MACC Care Resident)
Following principles recommended by the DSDC – an international centre of knowledge and expertise dedicated to improving the lives of people with dementia – and undergoing HammondCare accreditation, the Memory Suites at Blythe Rose have been thoughtfully designed to provide specialist ‘lodges’ for dementia wellbeing, offering different levels of care and helping residents to retain a sense of identity and autonomy within a calming and relaxing environment.
Seemingly small details can make
a world of difference
- Staff don’t wear uniforms or badges, removing the distinction between carers and family members and friends
- Private rooms can be decorated to suit and filled with familiar possessions for personal identification of space
- Knockers on room doors encourage the sense of privacy for residents within their own rooms
- Acoustic and movement safety monitoring alerts staff and care can be delivered at the point of need
- Control of sensory stimuli – a calming visual colour palette throughout, ‘natural’ lighting plus noise control
- A legible environment – with plenty of signposting and visual cues
- Bringing the outdoors in – corridors, communal areas and bedrooms contain points of interest, such as wall art featuring greenery, landscapes and a map of the local area to promote calmness and wellbeing
- Access to the real outdoors with balcony areas and communal garden spaces
- Family room – a 1960’s inspired private space where families can spend time with loved ones and even prepare a meal together amidst familiar surroundings of yesteryear. Also ideal for reminiscence therapy
- Daily occupational activities in which family and friends are welcome to participate
- ‘High St’ within the reception area, featuring a shop, hairdressers, cinema, café area – creating familiarity, a sense of purpose and enabling residents to feel that they are maintaining their independence
- Non-intrusive safety monitoring technology for optimal resident safety and wellbeing“